What Is Divorce Mediation?
What is Divorce Mediation, and why do some couples choose the out of court settlement over going to court?
If you and your spouse are looking for a way to settle your divorce out of court, you’re probably considering divorce mediation.
Divorce Attorney Marcia R. Calcagni is an experience mediator who has helped many partners dissolve their marriage amicably and with little conflict.
Not every dissolution of a marriage must result in a direct conflict or fight between former spouses. This can be emotionally and financially taxing; a good alternative is divorce mediation, an out-of-court agreement. Mediation is a powerful process as long as all parties stick to it and resolve to a mutually beneficial settlement. Situations that seemed impossible at the beginning can see a positive outcome by the end.
In mediation, you and your spouse meet with a trained, neutral mediator to discuss and resolve the issues in your divorce. So, if you are looking for an experienced divorce mediator, divorce attorney Marcia Calcagni can help be your neutral party if you opt for divorce mediation.
Does mediation work for all couples?
While mediation can be a great alternative, it does not necessarily work for all couples. Divorce mediation is not recommended for couples for whom:
- there is a history of spousal abuse or violence
- a breakdown in communication or a history of dishonesty. Both parties must communicate in good faith, so if there is a history of being deceitful on either side, this may not be a viable solution.
- any “at fault” divorce filings.
Divorce attorney Marcia Calcagni in Worcester MA can help guide you through the steps of mediation, including:
- Introducing the mediation process to you and your spouse
- Gathering information about you to obtain a clear picture of the circumstances of your decision to divorce
- Framing the issues in your divorce, and how your needs and interests align with your partnership
- Negotiating your divorce by finding settlement options attuned to each spouse’s most important interests
- Drafting a marital settlement agreement and concluding the mediation
There are many steps that can be taken out of court as long as all parties are willing to work with a mediator to come to an amicable agreement.
Contact Attorney Marcia Calcagni today
Photo by Christina @ wocintechchat.com on Unsplash
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!